Concord Christian Academy offers many opportunities for students in the area of music. God’s Word tells us in I Corinthians 14:15 to “sing with understanding,” so we strive to teach the basics of music theory as the choirs and hand bell groups in grades 6th-12th learn selections for Christmas and Spring Concerts and also prepare for the Delaware Association of Christian Schools Fine Arts Competition.
- Our Pre-school students have music lessons weekly where they learn to use rhythm instruments and sing as a group.
- The Lower Elementary classes have weekly choir. They participate in the annual Christmas program. Also various groups, solos and duets are prepared for the DACS Competion in the Spring.
- Upper Elementary students participate in choirs as well as beginner bells and chime training. They also participate in the DACS Competition.
- Middle & High school students may participate in the High School Choir and the full bell choir. They also participate in the Christmas Program, the DACS Competition, a Spring Concert and various other activities such as High School Graduation and special Sunday Services at Concord Baptist Church. The DACS Competition also features many solos, duets and small groups as well as instrumental pieces. This is a great opportunity for our students to master their pieces and perform their work.
- The bell groups use 3 octaves of chimes and a 5+ octave set of Schulmerich bells.
Individual skills are developed through our private string and piano lessons which are available during the school day. All string students are also part of a string ensemble, which is led by Mr. Tim Carroll. The String Ensemble performs at the Christmas program and the Spring Concert in preparation for DACS.
We have encouraged the students to serve our community through various outside ministries over the years, performing at Hagley Museum, Christiana Care in Newark, and various nursing homes. Encouraging quality musicianship within the framework of CCA’s Bible-based teaching better prepares our young people to sing and play skillfully and wholeheartedly for the Lord!
“…I will sing with the Spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.”I Corinthians 14:15